Don’t know what’s been up with ArchiveGrid since November 2011, when the ArchiveGrid team last gave a webinar about it?
This Thursday, from 3-4 p.m. EDT online via WebEx, is the chance to learn. All are invited to attend.
In ArchiveGrid and Related Work, the ArchiveGrid team – Bruce Washburn, Merrilee Proffitt, and Ellen Eckert – will:
- Review ArchiveGrid’s background, what it is, and its mission
- Discuss who uses ArchiveGrid and how
- Lead a brief tour of ArchiveGrid
- Describe how we get collections in and promote it
- Explain recent OCLC Research work done to better understand the ArchiveGrid aggregation, how information about special collections is used, and new methods for making connections between related archival collections
- Facilitate questions and answers from attendees
- Monitor Twitter #archivegrid usage
From the news announcement:
“This is the thirteenth webinar in the OCLC Research Technical Advances for Innovation in Cultural Heritage Institutions (TAI CHI) series, developed to highlight specific innovative applications, often locally developed, that libraries, museums and archives may find effective in their own environments, as well as to teach technical staff new technologies and skills.”