- For International Archives Day, archivists worldwide ask Google for a Doodle
- Jefferson Davis’ library and museum is open, while ArchiveGrid shows where his papers are
- Updates and recent developments on ArchiveGrid webinar lineup
- National parks libraries hold rich potential for ArchiveGrid
- Index update comes with new features, contributors, and webinar plans
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Archivists putting images of U.S. election ephemera since George Washington online were interviewed for a BBC video for its “Living Online” series: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19796114
- New guides Simon Fraser University archivists produced for its arts and cultural materials are part of a goal to have everything researchers and archivists who are, are not, or are somewhat, concerned about provenance need. Divided into six subject areas, the guides supplement SFU’s provenance-based finding aids in an effort to make its collections more accessible.
- Photocopies of documents housed at the New York State Archives about the War of 1812 are now on file for researchers in the Genesee County, N.Y., history department. Genesee County and western New York were directly involved in the War of 1812 and some related documents had been destroyed in a fire at the state archives in Albany.
- Emory University acquired from a Philadelphia photo collector more than 10,000 photographs shot between the 1840s and 1970s depicting African American life for its Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library.
- New blogs about archives to follow are: The Syracuse University Special Collections and Research Center, which goes back to last September with content contributed by student workers and interns, and the Columbia University Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library blog about processing the Edgar A. Tafel archive.
- Catholic media featured the Catholic University of America’s archivist and her enthusiasm and projects to make collections easy to find online and to get students excited about primary sources, especially those the university has which are timely to modern social issues.