Along with seven new contributors, 6,192 more EAD finding aids, and data that will improve our homepage map, ArchiveGrid heads to San Diego next week with a fresh index update, which we completed today.
Our new contributors, four of which are also new additions to the Northwest Digital Archives, are:
- Boise State University (NWDA)
- Oregon Institute of Technology (NWDA)
- The Evergreen State College (NWDA)
- Western Oregon University (NWDA)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center – Eskind Biomedical Library
- University of West Florida Libraries
- Cranbrook Archives and Cultural Properties
The rise in number of EAD finding aids mentioned above, to 102,436, is the most of this type of finding aid format we have included in ArchiveGrid since we started keeping track in February of last year.
ArchiveGrid now includes nearly 1.8 million archival collection descriptions in its index. More than 1.5 million of these are bibliographic records extracted from WorldCat, with the rest representing finding aids provided to ArchiveGrid in a mix of EAD XML, HTML, and PDF.
And only because I am too excited to keep a secret: Stay tuned for coverage on this blog from SAA, where we will reveal to exhibit booth visitors design improvements underway for ArchiveGrid.