An American Archives Month outreach activity that got covered by the Associated Press: The “name the tribble” contest at The American Heritage Center at the University of Wyoming. It came to the archives when Forrest J. Ackerman, a science fiction publisher credited with inventing the term “sci-fi,” donated items, including a tribble used on the set of the Star Trek episode, “The Trouble With Tribbles.” If you’re stumped or want to see what names other people have come up with, they’re being posted on the Heritage Center’s Facebook page.
- For International Archives Day, archivists worldwide ask Google for a Doodle
- Jefferson Davis’ library and museum is open, while ArchiveGrid shows where his papers are
- Updates and recent developments on ArchiveGrid webinar lineup
- National parks libraries hold rich potential for ArchiveGrid
- Index update comes with new features, contributors, and webinar plans