These records contain letters sent, reports, lists of stockholders, and receipts, for the years 1818-1827, 1831-1837, 1839-1841, 1847, 1849-1851, 1865.
There are no restrictions.
Board of Public Works inventory entry no. 249.
An act of the General Assembly approved February 18, 1813, authorized formation of the Falls Bridge Turnpike Company to construct a road at any point on the route of Leesburg Turnpike Road, and extending towards the Falls Bridge to the District boundary line. $60,000 was set as the subscription level. January 7, 1820, stock limit was increased, and the Board of Public Works was authorized to subscribe to $24,000. Authorization to extend the road from the terminus in Alexandria County at the former district boundary, to the bridge of Little Falls of the Potomac, was granted March 20, 1847.
Forms part of the records of the Virginia Board of Public Works. Agency record VASV89-A2 describes the Board of Public Works.