0.25 cu. ft.
This collection consists of photocopies of guest registers from two roadhouses located in Knik, Alaska, the Pioneer Roadhouse and the Knik Roadhouse. The register for the Pioneer Roadhouse, proprietor F.B. Cannon, covers the period 16 December 1910 through 28 December 1913. At the end of the register are entries for 1 November through 4 December, 8 May, and September of unknown years, as well as February 1930 and January through February 1931. The register for the Knik Roadhouse covers the period 1 April 1909 through 5 October 1918. Its proprietors were Mrs. J.C. Murray (April through November 1909 and again after 14 August 1911) and Mr. and Mrs. J.B. Smith (29 December 1909 through June 1911).
Alaskan roadhouses (frontier hotels) have played a significant role in Alaska, providing food and shelter for travelers on road and trail routes. The Pioneer Roadhouse and the Knik Roadhouse were both located in Knik, Alaska, on the northeastern tip of Cook Inlet, on Knik Arm near Anchorage.
Access limited to Alaska and Polar Regions Collections research room hours.
Permission for commercial use must be obtained from the Archivist.