Contains letters sent to the board financial reports dated 1844, 1847, 1867-1868, 1870-1871, 1875, 1877 and 1886.
The company was incorporated by an act of the General Assembly of February 5, 1841. The road ran from Clover Hill, in Chesterfield County, to Petersburg, Virginia. It was built to haul coal from the Clover Hill coal pits to Petersburg, Virginia, where it would interchange with the Richmond and Petersburg Railroad leased the Clover Hill Railroad until 1875 when the Clover Hill Railroad defaulted.
After defaulting, the road was reorganized and purchased by its bond holders. In 1877 the road was acquired by the Brighthope Railway Company. This road had been built in 1853 as a coal hauler and ran from Eppes Falls, in Chesterfield County, to Bermuda, Virginia by an act of the General Assembly of March 5, 1888 the Brighthope Railway merged with the Farmville and Danville Railroad Company.
There are no restrictions.
Board of Public Works inventory entry no. 130.
Agency history record (0008-25460) describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works. (Search as a/Virginia Board of Public Works).