7.6. cubic ft 19 boxes.
The collection, dating from 1948 to 1968, consists of annual reports, correspondence, meeting minutes, grant files, committee files, personnel files, program files, and subject files. The records concern accreditation, general policy issues, plans for physical expansion and moving of the college, financial issues, consortia and organization memberships, sister formation, staffing, and other administrative affairs.
The Office of the President of Alverno College was created in 1948 when three School Sisters of St. Francis institutions merged to become Alverno College. Sr. Augustine Scheele, then Assistant Dean of Alverno Teacher's College, was appointed as the first president of Alverno College. During her administration many changes occurred including college relocation, building construction, college program accreditation and reaccreditation, lay student body growth and religious student body decline, and the creation of a majority lay board of trustees.
Restricted: Institutional permission required.
Finding aid available.