1 cu. ft.
The collection consists primarily of elevation plans; electrical and mechanical drawings; and as-built drawings of the interior and exterior of Cape Spencer Light Station. There are also photographs of the interior and exterior of the station, taken for the Historic American Engineering Record.
The Cape Spencer Light Station, located at the entrance to Cross Sound in southeast Alaska, was first lighted in 1913 with a small, unmanned beacon. In 1923, Congress approved funding for a fully manned light station and construction began the following year. It was operational in December 1925. The station operated as a manned station until 1974, when it was changed to an automated station. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in December 1975.
List Item level control.