Pittsburgh Concert Society audiotapes 1967 [sound recording]

Pittsburgh Concert Society

Details

.05 linear ft.
This collection consists of one reel of Sony Tape type 7, entitled Kalaidescope program WTAE Radio, R.W. Ingrim interviewed concerning Pittsburgh Concert Society, December 2, 1967, separated as MSC 362.
The Pittsburgh Concert Society was founded in 1943 by Kathryn Brose and Viola Byrgeson, who were local concert performers. They saw the need to provide a venue for local classical musicians, either professional or amateur, to present their talents in a public forum. At the same time, to encourage young performers, they began the young Artists Auditions for those under nineteen years of age. Judging for the senior performers is done by auditions before a well-known conductor, composer, music school director or musicologist. Board Members of the Pittsburgh Concert Society, who have some music background, judge young artists auditions. Over the years, concerts have been held in several different locations. After two seasons at the Carnegie Music Hall they moved to the Stephen Foster Memorial Hall, then to Carnegie Lecture Hall, Synod Hall, and now Duquesne University Recital Hall.
Pittsburgh Concert Society audiotapes, MSC 0362, Library and Archives Division, Senator John Heinz History Centr, Historical Society of Western Pennsylvania.
Inventory available.

Related Resources

View this description in WorldCat: http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/436148865