Organized into three series: 1. Photographs; 2. Plans and drawings; 3. Miscellaneous Arranged by format.
Materials relating to the Burnham estate, overlooking Fairhaven Bay in the Sudbury River which was built in 1890 for Boston businessman, William A. Burnham and used as a summer residence until 1903 when it was sold to Charles Francis Adams of Quincy, Mass., who lived in the house until his death in 1914. The grounds were landscaped to plans and drawings drafted by landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted; the buildings were demolished after 1915 -- Includes two photographs of the estate and grounds; 37 photocopies of plans and drawings of the estate grounds, drafted by Olmsted in 1890 and copied from the Olmsted Archives, Brookline, Mass.; and miscellaneous papers and items relating to the Olmsted Archives.
Additional and related records owned by The repository.
Finding aid in the repository.