DeCordova and Dana Museum collection, 1895-1999 (bulk 1945-1948)

Details

3 boxes.
Organized into 8 series: 1. Administrative records; 2. Legal records; 3. Publications, programs, etc.; 4. Correspondence; 5. Clippings; 6. Histories; 7. Building plans; 8. Photographs Arranged topically.
Materials, collected by Lincoln Public Library, relating to the DeCordova and Dana Museum and Park (name changed ca. 1989 to DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Park), properties given to the Town of Lincoln, Mass., in 1930 by Julian DeCordova, a collector of art and artifacts from around the world, to be used as a public museum upon his death and its administration by the Lincoln DeCordova and Dana Museum and Park Advisory Board -- Includes organizational records of the advisory board; records relating to a suit brought by the town against the Merchants National Bank of Boston, trustee, to correct deficiencies in administration of trust funds; and publications, programs, clippings, histories, and photographs of the museum and park properties and the 1930s collections assembled by DeCordova and his wife, Mary Elizabeth (Dana) DeCordova.
Additional and related records owned by The repository.
Finding aid in the repository.

Related Resources

View this description in WorldCat: http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/57418585