.4 linear ft.
Organized into two series: I. Clippings, 1913-1987. II. Photographs, [ca. 1910]-1987.
Clippings of newspaper articles, biographies, and photocopies of documents related to Frank G. Moore and his family, and photographs of the Moore family and of Missoula, Mont., and photographs taken during the Moore family automobile trips in Montana and Idaho -- Clippings; newspaper articles from the Missoulian and other periodicals, in which Moore family members are mentioned; obituaries; photocopies of photographs and documents significant to family history, including Lillian Van Patten Moore's Daughters of the American Revolution certificate; biographies written by Moore family members, including a biography written by Gloria Whitesitt about her grandfather, Frank G. Moore, in addition to a letter containing her own reminiscence about her youth in Missoula with her grandparents, in which she describes the photographs in the collection; and photographs of the Moore family, early scenes of Missoula, including the University of Montana campus, a UM football game, Greenough Park, the Rattlesnake Wilderness, and the Missoula (now the Clark Fork) River during the 1908 flood, and photographs of Moore family automobile trips in Idaho, Montana, and Yellowstone National Park.
Frank Goodwin Moore was the first chiropractor in Missoula, Mont. He was born in Geneva, N.Y., on 5 Oct. 1856. He attended Geneva public schools and the Geneva Academy, a private school, before entering Hobert College, also in Geneva. In 1873 the Moore family moved to an 800 acre stock farm near Iowa City, Iowa. Moore attended the Teacher's Training Institute at Iowa and taught in Iowa district schools. Moore held a position at a U.S. government arsenal in Rock Island, Ill., where he manufactured precision gun parts. Around age fifty, he began his schooling in chiropractics. He was an acquaintance of Dr. D.D. Palmer, the founder of Chiropractics, and he graduated with the first class at the old Davenport College of Chiropractic, Davenport, Iowa, in 1911. Moore came to Missoula in 1911. He had a practice in the Hammond Building until it was destroyed by fire in Oct. 1932. He practiced at a chiropractic clinic on Pattee Street until his death on 30 Sept. 1933.
Finding aid in the repository.