Investment Committee records, 1924-1996

Drexel University Board of Trustees Investment Committee

Details

1.42 cubic ft.
Records are arranged into two series: 1. Minutes, 1924-1995; 2. Administrative files, 1993-1996.
This collection consists chiefly of the minutes of Drexel University's endowment fund trustees, finance committee, and investment committee from 1924 to 1995. A small series of administrative files is also included.
The Drexel Institute's first finance committee was established in 1891 as a standing committee of the Board of Managers, which merged with the Board of Trustees in 1894. It appears to have been dissolved or become less active in the early 1920s. In 1924, when the institute initiated its first endowment campaign, a group called the "endowment fund trustees" was established to oversee the money raised during the campaign. The endowment fund trustees stopped meeting in 1943, and a new finance committee became responsible for overseeing the endowment interest and principal. The finance committee was renamed the investment committee in 1987.
Portions may be restricted pending review; consult University Archivist, archives@drexel.edu.
Investment Committee Records, Drexel University Archives.
Consult University Archivist regarding copyright restrictions.
Inventory and container list available: consult University Archivist.

Related Resources

View this description in WorldCat: http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/63205446