1.3. linear feet.
Post card album containing 398 hand-painted watercolor post cards, mostly scenes of French villages and countryside, produced in 1916 and 1917. The back of each post card bears the identical printed image containing the statement "the Comité des Étudiants Américains de l'École des Beaux-Arts, Paris, guarantee the authenticity of this post card."..
The École des Beaux-Arts is a French national school of fine arts founded in 1648, by a group of young artists. The first class was given by Charles le Brun. In 1793, the Académie Royale d'Architecture merged with the Académie Royale de Peinture et de Sculpture. In 1863, under Napoleon III, the school became independent from the Académie administration and its name changed to L'École des Beaux-Arts. It is now known as the École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts. The Comité des étudiants américains de l'École des Beaux-Arts, or the American Students' Committee of the École des Beaux-Arts, was founded in December 1917. The committee raised money for those in need in France.
Preferred citation: American Students' Committee of the École des Beaux-Arts postcard album. Ms 0422. Archives and Special Collections, New Mexico State University Library.
Finding aid available in repository and online.