5 cubic ft.
Records in the collection include the club's constitution, financial records, minutes, membership rosters, annual reports, and subject files on events sponsored by the Women's Club. The collection contains both the Drexel News Letter, published during World War II for Drexel servicemen, and a later newsletter for club members. A brief history of the club, written in 1947 by its history committee, is also included.
The Drexel Women's Club was founded in 1927 by the wife of Drexel's president, Kenneth G. Matheson. Membership was opened to female faculty and staff as well as the wifes of faculty and administrators. To fulfill its stated purpose of "promot[ing] good fellowship and to further the interests of the Institute in every way possible," the Women's Club began to offer student loans, scholarships, and awards. In 1942, the club began to publish the Drexel News Letter, a publication sent to Drexel men serving in the armed forces during World War II, with news about happenings at Drexel and from its readers. The Women's Club has also sponsored card parties, plays, teas, and other benefit events such as fundraisers for its scholarship and loan funds.
Portions may be restricted pending review; consult University Archivist, email@example.com.
Drexel Women's Club Records, Drexel University Archives.
Consult University Archivist regarding copyright restrictions.
Inventory and container list available: consult University Archivist.