6 standard architectural drawing/map case drawers.
Architectural drawings for projects, chiefly in New Haven, but also located elsewhere in Connecticut, including Branford, Cheshire, Derby, Durham, East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Hartford, Madison, Milford, and Shelton, as well as for projects in New York City and Punxsutawney and Indiana, Pa.
Architect, of New Haven, Conn -- Leoni W. Robinson was born in Janesville, Wisconsin, in 1852 and was brought by his parents at an early age to New Haven, where, after an early education, he began architectural training. In 1880 he opened an office in New Haven and in the ensuing years became a successful practitioner. He was a charter member of the Connecticut Chapter of the American Institute of Architects and was elected a fellow of the AIA in 1889. One of the founders of the New Haven Architectural Club, he was also a member of the New Haven Colony Historical Society. Residences made up the majority of Robinson's practice and included homes for prominent people in New Haven along the shoreline. The remainder of his work consisted of commercial and institutional buildings. Among his major projects were a number of business structures including the First National Bank, Western Union, Southern New England Telephone, and New Haven Water Company, in addition to several schools in New Haven. Following a short illness, Robinson died in 1923, leaving his practice to George H. Gray of New Haven and Charles J. Lawrence of New York under the firm name of Gray & Lawrence.
The material described in this catalog record is located in the collections of the New Haven Museum & Historical Society Library (New Haven, Conn.)..
Collection open for research.
Materials in English.
Finding aid available in the repository.