0.62 cubic ft. (2 volumes).
Arranged by case no./chronologically.
The State Reform School was founded in 1847 and opened in 1848 at Westborough for the instruction, discipline, employment, and reform of male juvenile offenders in Massachusetts. It was renamed the Lyman School for Boys in 1884 and closed in 1972. Register gathered background information on each inmate upon commitment -- Information includes case no., age, date and place of birth, date and reason for commitment, by what authority, sentence, date of expiration, indenture arrangements, trade residence, and general remarks.
Alphabetical by name in: Case histories of boys, 1855-1911 ((M-Ar)629X).
Agency history record (CStRLIN)MASVAH0072-A describes the history and functions of the Lyman School for Boys.