0.48 cubic ft. (4 v.)..
2 partial microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
Arranged by case no./chronologically.
The State Reform School was founded in 1847 and opened in 1848 at Westborough for the instruction, discipline, employment, and reform of male juvenile offenders in Massachusetts. It was renamed the Lyman School for Boys in 1884 and closed in 1972. Register tabulates monthly commitment and discharge statistics -- Committed inmate information includes commitment date, inmate case no., name, residence, and age. Discharged inmate information includes discharge date, inmate case no., name, disposition, and age. There is a monthly tabular summary of admissions, discharges, and total number of inmate population at bottom of each page. Monthly discharge summary contains information on employment and amount of work.
Vol. 1: 1848-1861. Vol. 2: 1861-1877. Vol. 3: 1877-1894. Vol. 4: 1894-1901.
Reel GSU 472: 1848-Mar. 1859. Reel GSU 473: Mar. 1859-1901.
Microfilm (GSU 472-473) available in Archives reading room; source: Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84150; order no.: 2080409-2080410.
Alphabetical by name in: Case histories of boys, 1855-1911 ((M-Ar)629X).
Agency history record (CStRLIN)MASVAH0072-A describes the history and functions of the Lyman School for Boys.