Road sketch near Camp Gordon [electronic resource]
Camp Gordon was named in honor of John Brown Gordon, who was a major general in the Confederate army, a Georgia governor, a U.S. senator, and a businessman. The camp opened in July 1917, becoming a training site and home of the famous 82nd Airborne Division. The division was composed of men from several different states, but men from Georgia made up almost half its number.
Open access content Open access content.
20 x 26 cm.