5 linear in.
Founded in New York City in 1923 by Edith Clare Bryce Cram (Mrs. J. Sergeant Cram), Peace House was a center for anti-war activities, including lectures, plays and exhibits, and counseling of conscientious objectors. She was a benefactor of the War Resisters League which helped her with peace propaganda, antiwar advertisments, and literature. Correspondents included Jesse Wallace Hughan, Abraham Kaufman, and Frank Olmstead.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
Cite as: Swarthmore College Peace Collection, CDG-A., Peace House.