.4 cubic ft.
The collection is comprised of diverse topical material covering a range of Henry Ford related interests. It includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, brochures, and statistical data regarding early American dancing, tools and equipment, restored buildings, and Ford supported schools. Of particular substance is material on "old-fashioned music" and the teacher Henry Ford brought to Dearborn to teach dance, Benjamin B. Lovett (Lovett also served for many years as head of Ford Schools). Also of note are several folders of photographs of the Wayside Inn.
Ohio born H.S. Ablewhite became a priest of the Episcopal Church in 1916 and later Bishop, Diocese of Marquette, Michigan. In 1940 he joined the Sociological Department of the Ford Motor Company, where he remained until the department was dissolved in 1948. The next year he was named Director of Interpretation at the Edison Institute Museum.
Provenance to this material is unknown.
See also Hayward S. Ablewhite Oral History. Acc. 65.
The collection is open for research.
Item, Accession 356, Hayward S. Ablewhite collection, Benson Ford Research Center, The Henry Ford.
Box list available.