Records, 1942-1966

St. Mark's Social Center (Roxbury, Boston, Mass.).

Details

3 v..
1 box.
Minutes (1944-1964), treasurer's account books (1948-1961), financial reports, correspondence, and other records.
Social and community center affiliated with St. Mark's Congregational Church, the first black church in the city of Boston which was organized as William Lloyd Garrison Congregational Church in 1895; name of church changed ca. 1900s; center was involved in missionary work and community service and served as meeting place for classes and various social and educational groups; center no longer existant after 1966.

Related Resources

View this description in WorldCat: http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/70953744