3 sets (.10 linear ft.)..
The George M. Williamson Architectural Drawings and Plans collection contains three sets of architectural drawings and plans. Buildings include the Albuquerque Country Club, Albuquerque, New Mexico (1928); St. Michael's College Dormitory (c. 1920s) and Santa Fe High School (1928), both in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
George M. Williamson was born in Port Jefferson, New York on May 9, 1892. Williamson studied at Cornell University, and received a degree in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. Williamson also served in the Coast Guard during both WW I and WW II. During 1923 and 1924, the firm Trost & Trost of El Paso, Texas, hired Williamson as their local associate in Albuquerque, New Mexico. In 1925, Williamson established a firm in Albuquerque with Clarence G. Johnson. Johnson left in 1926 to work for the Forest Service. Under his own name, Williamson went on to work with Albuquerque architects such as R.R. Springman and W. Miles Brittelle. As an associate architect, he collaborated with Carl Boller on the Kimo Theater (Albuquerque, 1926-1927). In 1931, after the New Mexico architectural registration law passed, Williamson received license number 17. The local and regional buildings Williamson worked on with Trost & Trost were: Lincoln and Washington Middle Schools, Albuquerque, New Mexico (1922-1923), the Sunshine Building, Albuquerque, New Mexico (1923). In his own practice Williamson designed major buildings such as: Albuquerque High School Manual Arts Building, Albuquerque, New Mexico (1928); Sandoval County Courthouse, Bernalillo, New Mexico (1928); Santa Fe High School (Seth Hall), Santa Fe, New Mexico (1928); President's House, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico (1929); Old St. Joseph's Hospital, Albuquerque, New Mexico (1929-1930); Grant County Courthouse, Silver City, New Mexico (1930); and the Springer Building, Albuquerque, New Mexico (1932). Williamson utilized multiple styles for his school buildings, ranging from Neo-Classical and Romanesque Revival, to Spanish Pueblo Revival (UNM President's House), and Mayan Revival (Springer Building).
Collection is open for research.
Cite as: George M. Williamson Architectural Drawings and Plans, Center for Southwest Research, University Libraries, University of New Mexico.
Limited duplication of print and manuscript material allowed for research purposes. User/researcher is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Other work by George Williamson has been archived with the records of the Trost & Trost firm, located in the El Paso Public Library.
Inventory available at the Center for Southwest Research item level control.